From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-26 10:46:48

----- Original Message -----
From: <topdog_at_[hidden]>

> I have a really strange problem, I will try to explain it with a small
example.

[Minor issue - it is customary to put some kind of domain-specific keyword
in the subject line so that people can skip and/or read the message, e.g.
``Python'']

<snip>

> Now I need do initialize the module again.
>
> initModule();
> PyRun_SimpleString("from Module import *");
>

> Starting the same script now gives this error:
>
> Traceback(most recent call last):
> File "", line 4, in ?
> RuntimeError:unidentifiable C++ exception
>
> Line 4 is "a.doit()"
>
> The same error apears in line 5. Looks like he forgot the
> inheritance relationship between derived and base?
>
> I also tried Py_Finalize(); Py_Initialize(); but this didn't help.
> Any ideas what's going wrong here?

Andreas,

Starting a new interpreter and importing the module again is not a scenario
that was anticipated when Boost.Python was designed. I don't have a clue,
sadly. A little bit of time spent with a good debugger should be enough to
clarify what's going on, though. Please keep me abreast of developments.

-Dave