From: Moore, Paul (paul.moore_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-29 04:47:01

> I haven't seen a response from these posters on the latest code.

My response: I don't have time to test this code, to ensure that it works as
a drop-in replacement for the code in rational.hpp (and I can't convince
myself that it will, based on simple desk-checking). So if it is to go in,
someone else will have to take up the responsibility for fielding issues
related to the change. (This includes making the change, fixing any errors,
regression testing on MSVC and GCC (Mingw) at least, fielding and responding
to compilation reports from users of other compilers, testing with both
built-in integers and user-defined integers, and updating the documentation
(unless you changed it, the requirements on the integer type have changed)).
I will pass on any issues, and retain responsibility for the rest of the
code.

If anyone is willing to take this on, that's fine by me. But I, personally,
don't see the advantage.

Paul.