From: John Suters (johnds_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-31 15:49:34

> FFT isn't restricted to powers of 2.

Then that's a limitation of my implementation and understanding of the
problem then. My understanding was that if you allowed for the input being a
power of two, padding if required with complex(0,0), then the FFT (or at
least the recursive implementation) would work as desired. That's my reading
of "Introduction to Algorithms", Cormen, Leiserson and Rivest.

Is this incorrect? If not, would I be better off completely hiding this from
the user and simply copying back into the input range whatever values we get
that fit?

John