From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-31 15:29:12

Bill Seymour wrote:
> There's one other question that I'd like to pose
> to the group. I'm having second thoughts about
> the money<> class. It seems like users should be
> able to write the expression
>
> a * b / c
>
> but they can't if a, b and c are money<> instances;
> and if I fix this in general, I'd need both money-
> squared and reciprocal-money classes.

This appears to be similar to the upcoming SIunits library.
You may want to postpone your money<> class until you
could have had a look at SIunits (not yet available,
but "really soon" (says Walter Brown)).

Not that SIunits will solve the money<> problem, but
it may offer valuable implementation hints and you may
want to make money<> interoperable with SIunits
("dollars per liter").

Jens Maurer