From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-10-31 22:53:27

Hi Bill,

You're not missing anything. The Barton&Nackmann trick used by the operators
library can only provide concrete non-templated operators (dependent on the
template parameters of the derived template), not generalized operators
which would have to be supplied by a templated operator, e.g.:

template <class L, class R>
decimal<(L>R?L:R)> operator+(decimal<L> const&, decimal<R> const&)
{
    // whatever...
}

HTH,
Dave

  David Abrahams, C++ library designer for hire
 resume: http://users.rcn.com/abrahams/resume.html

        C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org)
          email: david.abrahams_at_[hidden]