From: Dave Gomboc (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-01 01:21:07

I tried just adding C:\Documents and Settings\dave\My Documents\Visual
Studio Projects\boost_1_25_0\boost to the "Additional Include
Directories" setting in Project Settings | C/C++ | General. I didn't
actually make a project out of boost, I just put it there for
convenience.

When compiling my program, which includes only <boost/array.hpp> from
the boost stuff (of course array.hpp grabs other things, e.g. config), I
get some compile-time errors. I don't have an error at #include
<boost/array.hpp>, so I know that part's okay. What I do get is:

c:\Documents and Settings\dave\My Documents\Visual Studio
Projects\Boost\boost\array.hpp(58): error C2977: 'std::reverse_iterator'
: too many template arguments

I looked into ...\boost\config\user.hpp and enabled BOOST_ASSERT_CONFIG
to see if it just didn't know about VC7, recompiled, and got the same
error.

I am now looking into ...\boost\config\compiler\visualc.hpp. There is
explicit reference to VC7 Beta 2 (what I am using), so I conclude that
the current configuration is supposed to already be set up to handle
this compiler.

Can anyone tell me what changes I should make (either to me or to boost
;-) to successfully use <boost/array.hpp> on this compiler?

Thanks,
Dave

P.S. I imagine there's a way to automagically add the boost path to the
default include paths whenever a new project is created, instead of
manually adding it each and every time, but I haven't discovered it yet.
Anyone? :-)