From: tom.widmer_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-11-01 07:30:56

--- In boost_at_y..., "Chuck Allison" <cda_at_f...> wrote:
> Wouldn't Bill be happy to give away a copy for this?

Who's Bill? How about P.J.Plauger or Pete Becker?

You can download an experimental copy from developers.qnx.com (in the
New Stuff section). There are instructions for installations other
than QNX there, but I'm not quite sure of the licensing issues. Also
note that QNX is free for non-comercial use -download it from
www.qnx.com. And very nice it is too - a microkernel POSIX compliant
realtime OS, with a reasonable GUI.

I'll be happy to make the changes once the library becomes an
official part of QNX. If I have time anyway (it depends how extensive
the required changes are...).

In my code I had to get rid of anything to do with locales,
stringstream (rather than i/ostringstream) and templated
iostreams/strings. That was it though, once I'd added a version of
bitset to the library (it doesn't include bitset by default!).

Tom

QNX soon
> > > in order to bring down compile times and executable sizes (I am
> > > currently using the full Dinkumware libs). I think the only
change in
> > > the boost stuff that I use is that lexical_cast needs fixing
for no
> > > stringstream - it can be easily (if less that optimally)
implemented