From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-01 18:31:42

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001 williamkempf_at_[hidden] wrote:

willia> --- In boost_at_y..., Jeremy Siek <jsiek_at_c...> wrote:
willia> >
willia> > How do you tell jam to link in a library, where the library
willia> > is from a 3rd party (and can be found in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH).
willia> >
willia> > (i.e., what's the equivalent of the compiler command line
willia> > -l and -L options)
willia>
willia> I asked the same question of Dave and this was his response:
willia>
willia> >You can use either the <library-path>path (-Lpath) and <find-
willia> library>xxx
willia> >(-lxxx) OR the <library-file>path/libxxx.a (path/libxxx) features
willia> >
willia> ><lib>xxx is just for dependency targets which can be built by the
willia> system.
willia> >Let me know if you need details.
willia>
willia> However, from a message I read earlier today I'm not sure that this
willia> works correctly just yet. I gathered that you needed to provide full
willia> or relative paths... that standard techniques for finding them such
willia> as LD_LIBRARY_PATH don't work.

But this is horrible... how can I portably specify the path? It may differ
from machine to machine.

 Jeremy Siek http://php.indiana.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Student, Indiana Univ. B'ton email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) office phone: (812) 855-3608