From: Markus Schoepflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-05 08:00:33

--- In boost_at_y..., Toon Knapen <toon.knapen_at_s...> wrote:

[snip]

> or you can store all temporary object files. Boost.Build is the
first
> build-system I work with that does not store the intermediate
object
> files. I actually found updating the archive directly very neat and
> totally superior. But always recreating the _whole_ library is too
> expensive. Thus would prefer storing the intermediate files.

Hmm, currently the intermediate object files are not deleted, at
least not with my version of boost.build (latest CVS snapshot).

... just a second ...

Aha, there are two things that affect deletion of intermediate object
files.

1. Variable KEEPOBJS. If set, object files are not marked as
temporary.

2. Variable NOARSCAN. If set, the lib depends on the on-disc object
files. If not set, the lib depends on its member and each member
depends on its on-disc object file.

NOARSCAN is set for windows platform.

> Another option maybe is to recreate the whole library if the
Jamfile