From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-05 11:47:28

----- Original Message -----
From: "Toon Knapen" <toon.knapen_at_[hidden]>

> It's not critical indeed. It would solve to the problem of the OP though
> IMO.
>
> Since a build system can never be wrong, I would suggest that
> Boost.Build _or_ has NOARSCAN defined, _or_ has a dependency on the
> Jamfile.
> This way, the build system is never wrong when a source file gets deleted.

I don't think that's enough to ensure anything. If you change the Jamfile so
that different preprocessor symbols are defined, the build can be wrong. So,
I think making targets dependent on their Jamfile is the only way to go.

-Dave

Worse, when you delete a header, a different header might be found instead,
but the build system can't detect it. :-(

  David Abrahams, C++ library designer for hire
 resume: http://users.rcn.com/abrahams/resume.html

        C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org)
          email: david.abrahams_at_[hidden]