From: Markus Schoepflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-06 04:27:35

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:
> [...]

[snip]

> > > 2. Shall we arrange things so that you can build both with and
> > without
> > > stlport, and such that each build goes in a separate subvariant
> > directory?
> >
> > Yes, and this works already, just say
> >
> > TOOLS = msvc msvc-stlport ;
> >
> > et voilà, you end up with both variants.
>
> Fabulous! I hope we can get this to work without having to define a
> new toolset for every compiler, since STLport is mostly orthogonal
> choice of toolset.

<* violent agreement *>

I think we even must make possible the following:

TOOLS = msvc ; # Wich master toolset to use.
BUILD = debug <msvc-version>6 <stlport-version>4.5 ;

and you will get something like msvc-6-stlport-4.5 for the toolset
name. This would allow for parallel usage of different compiler
versions and STLport versions.

It doesn't quite feel right, yet, but I hope you get the idea.

[snip questions about STLport issues]

I posted a mail in the STLport forum. No answer so far.

Markus