From: MikeEnsor_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-11-08 14:03:16

I'm looking for a conversion from my own type to Python. I created a
class called "Instance". I need to return that type back to Python.
It is wrapped with boost as a class. The line I use (it isn't
working) is:
PyObject* GetInstance(MyList& l)
{
   Instance i;
   l.GetInstance(i); // pass by ref, not my code that does this
   return boost::python::to_python(i);
}

I do have Instance wrapped and included into the module, but I can not
return it back like this. The compiler says that Instance is not one
of the converted types. I can return the "super" type (Instance is
derived from InstBase), and that works, but it does not have the
specific info I need from Instance. Does this clear things up more?
Thank you very much for helping me out.

Mike