From: Darin Adler (darin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-12 13:49:44

on 11/12/01 10:20 AM, Peter Dimov at pdimov_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Assuming that we can test for this feature, what is the benefit? IOW what is
> the use case where having the function name passed to boost_error help?

My thought is that it's easier to guess quickly what went wrong from an
assertion report if the function name is in there. For example, if I send
out a version of my program for testing, and wire up assertions so that they
are reported to the end user, it's more likely that I can just figure out
what's wrong if the function name is included in the message.

That's all, nothing subtle.

    -- Darin