From: Ullrich Koethe (u.koethe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-14 12:18:30

Msk_at_[hidden] wrote:

> --- In boost_at_y..., Ullrich Koethe <u.koethe_at_c...> wrote:
> > Ullrich Koethe wrote:
> > >
> > > If I'm not mistaken, a similar mechanism is already part of the
> proposed
> > > version 2 of the test tools library. Please check it out in the
> boost
> > > files section.
> > >

> > Oops, forgot to quote the reference:
> >
> > Msk_at_X... wrote:
> > >
> > > if( num_widgets > max_widgets )
> > > {
> > > throw logic_error(
> > > BOOST_ERROR_MESSAGE << "num_widgets = " <<
> > > num_widgets << " is greater than maxwidgets = " <<
> > > max_widgets );
> > > }
> > >

> Ah yes, I see I've re-invented another wheel. :-) Not having
> looked into the innards of test tools v2 before, I hadn't noticed
> your version until you pointed it out. My version adds an implicit
> conversion operator and factors out the formatting a little
> differently, but the core design is essentially the same.

Please contact Gennadiy Rozental <Gennadiy_at_[hidden]> (who currently
maintains the tetsing framework) to discuss whether your proposal can be
integrated into the existing functionality, and whether it should be
done.

Ulli

| Ullrich Koethe  Universität Hamburg / University of Hamburg    |
|                 FB Informatik / Dept. of Computer Science      |
|                 AB Kognitive Systeme / Cognitive Systems Group |
| Phone: +49 (0)40 42883-2573                Vogt-Koelln-Str. 30 |
| Fax:   +49 (0)40 42883-2572                D - 22527 Hamburg   |
| Email: u.koethe_at_[hidden]               Germany             |
|        koethe_at_[hidden]                        |
| WWW:   http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~koethe/      |