From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-16 08:44:26

David Abrahams wrote:

> It occurs to me that even in the simplest cases, the programmer probably
> needs to write the "usage" output which responds to --help or incorrect
> options. A truly easy-to-use interface would read and interpret the "usage"
> text, so that the programmer hardly needs to do anything else. I have no
> idea how feasible that is...

Very interesting idea! Some libraries try to generate usage instructions
themself, and, IMO, it's simply impossible to generate a decent usage message
this way. You propose to do quite the reverse! If exact format of usage
string is defined, it would be very simple to add such a functionality to my
library. I'll have to think about it....

- Volodya