From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-16 12:50:24

walter_at_[hidden] wrote:

> --- In boost_at_y..., Toon Knapen <toon.knapen_at_s...> wrote:
>
>>walter_at_g... wrote:
>>

>>>--- In boost_at_y..., Toon Knapen <toon.knapen_at_s...> wrote:
>>>
>>>ublas is somewhat scattered in the CVS (branch
>>>
> matrix_development).
>
>>>You'll find the odds at:
>>>
>>[snip]
>>
>>but e.g. the includes in the header of test1 refer to "../config.h"
>>which seems incompatible with the directory structure you use in
>>
> boost
>
>>IMO : There is no subdirectory in the directory where config.h is
>>located ? (I figure you use some other file-structure layout to
>>
> compile
>
>>the tests?).
>>

> That's right. We've never changed our first layout.
>

>>Anyway, I'm very interested in using uBlas and could also produce
>>Jamfiles if you like to build the tests automatically.
>>

> That would be very fine.

In attachment you can find the boost/libs/numeric/ublas directory which
is on the matrix_development branch but with Jamfiles added for
compiling the test under gcc.

If you are in the ublas directory and type jam, all 6 tests will be
build. Or you can go into one of the subdirs and executing jam will only
build that specific test.

I'll also do this for the benchmarks if you like ?

What did I change:
added the Jamrules in the boost top directory.
added Jamfile in libs/numeric/ublas/testx
made include paths boost-compatible in libs/numeric/ublas/test*/*.cpp

>>(I would suggest
>>moving the ublas on the main branch in that case however as
>>
> otherwise
>
>>synchronising with the latest Jam developments might be difficult)
>>

> I don't know what impact this might have.

synchronising with the latest jamfile and settings, configuration info
could be taken from these files (instead of now using -DUSE_GCC for
instance).

toon