From: Mac Murrett (mmurrett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-19 02:35:02

I have uploaded a new version of Boost Threads for Mac OS 8.6+. If anyone
out there is using this (or may consider using it), I am interested in what
other tools you would like. As most of the Mac OS Toolbox and the MSL are
not MP-safe, there is plenty to do, and I need some priorities.

As far as MSL goes, I have reimplemented console I/O, memory allocation, and
clock/time functions in an MP-safe fashion. File and directory I/O should
already be MP-safe under Mac OS 9+.

The remaining areas of work are:
 * improving memory management (speed and usage)
 * implementing file and directory I/O for Mac OS 8.6 (and, in the process,
likely improving performance)
 * scraps from MSL
 * user functions (utility functions to make living with MP tasks easier)

Thanks,
Mac.