From: boost (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-20 16:55:00

Dear Jörg Walter,

On Tuesday 20 November 2001 16:31, walter_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Thanks for the clarification. LAPACK functionality is out of scope
> for ublas.
In case you're intersted I could port my Jacobi eigen value
routine to ublas. The method is not the most efficient but
can be implemented in quite generic (templated) way.
However, In order to do this I would need some extension to
ubls, e.g. 'norm_type' , since the routine should honor the fact,
that eigenvalues of hermitean matrices are real.
In addition I could offer a sparse matrix diagonalization (Davidson
algorithm) which is at least as efficient as Lanczos, but has (almost) no
problems with degeneries.

> It shouldn't last as long to introduce these.
I'll remind you.

> > I will take a closer look at the ublas package
> > and post my comments.
>
> Your comments are welcome.

The most important question for me is: is ublas mature enough
to use is in a new large scale number crunching project ?

Best wishes,
Peter