From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-20 22:43:30

On Tuesday 20 November 2001 03:14 pm, you wrote:
> > Boost.Tuples does this.
>
> I know, but you cannot easily extend that beyond 50 arguments. I admit I
> start to cave in :o).

But it can be user-configurable, however. There is a library that was
accepted into Boost but not yet included that does preprocessor
metaprogramming (the Preprocessor library - latest version available at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/PREPROCESSOR/preprocessor_20010620.zip)

Then one can have, for instance, a macro "MAX_TYPELIST_ARGS" and use the
preprocessor library to genereate make_type_list for up to MAX_TYPELIST_ARGS.

IMHO, doing this is even better than the TYPELIST_N macros, because then the
_user_ decides what the max number of arguments is and not the developer.

        Doug