From: Vesa Karvonen (vesa.karvonen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-23 10:13:10

Hello,

I finally managed to find time to update the PREPROCESSOR library. I'm sorry
for the long delay. You can find the new version in the files section.

Major changes:
- The copyright holder is now Housemarque, Inc. I'm now working on the library
during company time. The license conditions remain the same.
- Added reference documentation (generated with doxygen).
- Added preprocessor.hpp which includes all PREPROCESSOR library headers.
- Added reference to www.boost.org into source files.
- Removed second (extra) parameter of REPEAT. The library now support tuples.
This may limit the maximum repetition count of ENUM_PARAMS_WITH_DEFAULTS on
some compilers. Please let me know if you run into problems.
- UNUSED has been removed. Just use EMPTY().
- The library now implements a number of arithmetic and logical operations:
  - ADD, SUB, MUL, DIV
  - EQUAL, NOT_EQUAL, LESS, LESS_EQUAL, GREATER, GREATER_EQUAL
  - NOT, NOR, OR, AND, XOR
- I have removed the program for generating the headers from the distribution
(and other build related files).

As there are quite a few changes and additions, I'd like hear comments on them
before the library is possibly posted on the boost site.

Some comments on review issues:
- Case studies maybe added to documentation later. Currently other projects
need more attention.
- At the moment, I have decided not to explain how the preprocessor works. The
C++ standard is clear enough, IMO.
- I have decided not to provide shorter versions (the prefix is
BOOST_PREPROCESSOR) of the commonly used macros. It is not technically
necessary and can be done outside the library if it seems necessary for some
other reason.

Regards,
  Vesa Karvonen