From: Gennadiy E. Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-23 20:57:38

--- In boost_at_y..., "Andrei Alexandrescu" <andrewalex_at_h...> wrote:
> 2. I tried to compile the following simple program:

> #include <cstdlib>
> using std::size_t;
> #include <boost/test/test_tools.hpp>
>
> #include <iostream>
> using namespace std;
>
> int test_main(int, char**)
> {
> return 0;
> }
>
> #include <libs/test/src/test_tools.cpp>
> #include <boost/test/cpp_main.cpp>

This is not a part of new Boost test library. Make clean install.
Also you don't need one.

> #include <boost/test/test_main.cpp>

This is not a part of new Boost test library.

> #include <libs/test/src/unit_test_log.cpp>

You will also need all other files that consist Test Execution
Monitor. See MSVC project for list of files.

> As you see, I didn't bother to build libraries or anything; I just
included
> the cpp files.

Why not? The project is supplied. And instead of compiling
everythinng all the time you will compile it once. I think that time
you will spend configuring your workplace is much lesser than tyime
yo uwill spend waiting to compile.

Regards,

Gennadiy.

P.S. When I tried to compile your example (all proper files included)
with MSVC6.0, I got 1 compilation error in line containing
std::for_each. I am inclined to think that this is MSVC bug. To fix
it introduce a temporary veriable for first 2 arguments of the
for_each.