From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-24 10:36:53

> That's really cool, but I'm not sure I grok the difference in functionality
> you achieve from an ordinary permutation iterator. In the ordinary case, the
> Base iterator iterates over the permutation offsets, and the policies class
> just holds an iterator to the start of the target sequence. It seems to me
> that you can change the values of the permutation offsets as you iterate in
> that case (and -- why not? -- use duplicate permutation entries) as well.

well it's almost similar to a permutation_iterator. In a permutation
however, every index or entry can only be encountered once. But the
implementation also allows multiple occurences of the same entry, as
you remarked correctly, and thus I just called it a reorder_iterator
(maybe the name is still misleading).
Anyway, I actually needed a permutation iterator and therefor came up
with this one.

toon