From: brianjparker_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-11-25 02:06:35

--- In boost_at_y..., John Maddock <John_Maddock_at_c...> wrote:

> >I just came across a repeated need for add_cv<T>. We already have
> >remove_cv<T>. How about it, for symmetry?
>
> I don't mind ading it, but remember that such a beast doesn't
actually do
> anything:
>
> add_cv<T>::type
>
> is always the same as:
>
> T const volatile
>
> for all T.
>

> - John Maddock

In a similar vein, another set of type transformations that I have
needed several times now, and would like to see added to Boost are-

remove_reference_add_const
remove_reference_remove_const
add_reference_add_const
add_reference_remove_const

Although these are strictly redundant as they can be constructed from
the existing traits classes, to do so produces extremely unwieldy
names and getting the order right is non-obvious.
(Actually, shorter names than the above may be preferable e.g.
remove_ref_add_const)

(I have an example implementation of these in bjp_utilities*.zip in
the files section).

,Brian Parker