From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-26 07:55:08

Vesa Karvonen wrote:

> From: "Daniel Frey" <daniel.frey_at_[hidden]>
> > I like Vesa's approach:
> >
> > is< D >::derived_from< B >::value
> > is< B >::base_of< D >::value
> >
> > Is it possible to make this work on most compilers?
>
> My comment was really meant as a joke... I should have added a smiley. (How
> many of you did laugh?)

Even if it was meant as a joke, it still looks good to me :) I don't
like to throw away the idea so soon..

> which is not ideal. I also don't like the idea of lumping several
> metafunctions together.

Why? Just personal preferences or is there a technical reason? Template
meta-programming is AFAIK full of stuff like that :)

> As I explained in a private e-mail to Andrei Alexandrescu over six months ago,
> I would personally prefer:
>
> is_base_derived<B,D>::value

Which is the best solution for a name fitting the 'xyz< A, B >'-scheme.

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial training, research and technology