From: Geurt Vos (G.Vos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-26 10:50:04

Can anyone explain why the members of the type list
template are called 'head' and 'tail'? I mean the
type list template is merely a node in a linked list
of types, where 'head' represents the content of the
node, and 'tail' points to the next node. In this
case doesn't it make more sense to call the typedef
members something like 'type' and 'next' rather than
'head' and 'tail'.

Also, given (the fact) that for many it is tough
enough to grasp the concept of type lists and the
difference between compile-time or run-time, I think
using 'head' and 'tail' could cause confusion.
People could think they meant 'head of the list' and
'tail of the list' as in begin()/end().

Lastly, type_list_node<> instead of type_list<>?

Geurt