From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-27 06:47:24

>Since there is no mention of this in the documentation, I would
>consider this to be a bug in the regex package.

On second thoughts, this is not a VC6 error - there is a small bug in your
code - you have mixed two different iterators:

type cmatch is boost::match_results<const char*>

but you have passed "char*" as an iterator.

The iterator you pass to the function must be the same as the one for which
the match_results structure is instantiated, otherwise the compiler will
not find a matching function signature. It would be nice if the compiler
would perform iterator -> const_iterator transformations automatically in a
case like this, but that appears to be asking too much of the compiler.

- John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/