From: mister_cpp_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-11-27 14:50:43

I really appreciate your prompt reply on this issue. I spent about
eight hours trying to get it to work and you set me straight with
just "-lboost_regex"! It worked fine after that. Being a C++ newbie I
don't have a full grasp of compiler and library issues. I did install
it for MS Visual C++ with no problems thanks to the great install
app.

I hope you realize how valueable this library is. I'm pretty
comfortable with Perl and I have to say I use "split" and regular
expression pattern matching everywhere. When I delved into C++ I had
to take a few steps back without these tools. I'm really not at the
point where I could write my own. I've just scratched the first
grains of sand off of your regex++ library, but I really like what I
see so far.

Incidentally I heard about regex++ in Dr. Dobbs Journal.

Thanks so much for your efforts.
...Kevin

> gcc doesn't support "automatic linking" in the way that VC6 does,
you need
> to add any needed libraries to the command line - in this
case "g++ -o