From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-28 09:37:47

On Tuesday 27 November 2001 09:09 pm, you wrote:
> I suggest looking at the microsoft help on the particular error you're
> seeing. Go to www..microsoft.com and type C1001 into the search box. The
> microsoft help on these errors can be surprisingly illuminating.

Thank you. I've narrowed it down to the generation of debugging information.
In the Project Settings dialog, C/C++ tab, the results of changing (only) the
"Debug Info" setting are:
  None [No command-line switch] - Bind compiles and executes properly
  Line Numbers Only [/Zd] - Bind compiles and executes properly
  C7 Compatible [/Z7] - ICE
  Program Database [/Zi] - ICE
  Program Database for Edit and Continue [/ZI] - ICE

Oddly enough, neither minimal rebuild nor precompiled headers made any
difference.

        Doug