From: David A. Greene (greened_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-28 15:37:22

Hamish Mackenzie wrote:

> My preference now is for macros with expectation that they would be
> replaced with a suitable extension to the C++ language at some point in
> the future. At that time existing code would not need to be updated just
> the macros would change.
>
> The macros would be of the form RECURSIVE_NN( Traits, ... ) and
> RECURSIVE_NN_T( Traits, ..., Tail ) where NN is the number of arguments
> represented by ...

The problem with macros, as Andrei pointed out, is commas.
Passing multi-parameter templates to the macro is impossible.
I just ran into this problem today in a completely unrelated
area. :(

                             -Dave

--
"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
  and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson