From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-28 16:56:18

At 03:22 PM 11/28/2001, williamkempf_at_[hidden] wrote:

>--- In boost_at_y..., Mac Murrett <mmurrett_at_v...> wrote:
>> I think that Boost Threads for Mac OS is ready to go; comments?
>>
>> Mac.
>>

>Unfortunately, I was on vacation for a long time and wound up with
>out access to the net unexpectedly during this time. So I haven't
>been able to review the Mac stuff. If others have I'd be willing to
>take their word and merge the changes. Otherwise I'll require a bit
>more time to evaluate the stuff myself.

AFAIK, there is no time pressure to get the Mac stuff in the upcoming
release. I'd rather see it reviewed carefully first.

We don't have a lot of experience yet with libraries that require different
implementations on different OS's. Thus issues may surface
unexpectedly. Better to flush any such issues out now than later.

--Beman