From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-11-30 09:16:32

Mat, that's terriffic! Not only does it contribute to the widespread
applicability of Andrei's work, which will undoubtedly benefit many, but it
clearly explains and documents many of the workarounds needed to get
metaprograms to work with VC6. Clear documentation is the cornerstone of
useful library code!

I think your metaprogramming portability document is a great idea. While I
don't like the idea of investing effort in broken compilers, it's much
better to do it once than to cause many people to re-discover the same
tricks.

-Dave