From: Gennadiy E. Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-03 08:57:52

--- In boost_at_y..., "Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_m...> wrote:
> Just a simple observation.
>
> The test_case hierarchy can be simplified considerably by making the
> 'constructor' BOOST_TEST_CASE (why is his a macro?) to take a
function
> object.
>
> boost::bind can then be used to emulate the functionality, although
I'm not
> sure whether a dependency on bind.hpp would be a good thing since
it will
> cause the unit tests to fail weherever bind.hpp fails to compile.

That the reason why it's not used. BUT I had already that comment
before and I I think it's valuable to have Boost.Function interface
for test case creation. I am going to provide anextention to support
this. It won't be a part of core library. But you will be able to use
it where Boost.Function and Boost.Bind will work.

Gennadiy.