From: Paul F. Kunz (paul_kunz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-04 22:31:54

> Prolog: If this has already been addressed, consider me sorry. Is
> serialization of objects a problem worth addressing generally? Are
> there so many diverse goals in this area that they could not all be
> reconciled?

   I'm new to this list, but think this topic worthy. Especially if
it can be done in a way that is non-intrusive. That is, that the
objects that are serialize do not have to inherit from a common base
class. I remember reading an article in the now defunct C++ Report
which described a way to do that. That would be great, because if you
custom objects conatained STL objects and still be serializable, that
would be super.