From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-05 11:01:59

some questions on ublas :

in the documentation (matrix.htm), the constructor matrix(size1,size2)
is documented to hold *at most* size1 rows of size2 elements. I guess
this is intended to read : ... *at least* ...

what's the complexity guarantee of `resize`. I guess it is intended to
reshape a matrix without having to allocate memory. For instance if I
need a temporary matrix in a loop, but in every loop the total size of
the matrix can be different, I can allocate a matrix with some maximal
size and resize it in every loop to something smaller in every loop in
constant amortised time ?

How should I create a sub-matrix using the matrix<T>.project member ?
I can do :
Matrix::const_matrix_range_type mr( m, numerics::range(0,subsize),
numerics::range(0,subsize) );
but the following does not compiler :
Matrix::const_matrix_range_type mr( m.project(0,subsize, 0, subsize ) );

Most important : I'm curious where the name `ublas` comes from ?

I'm impressed with the functionality so far and with the active
development. Does the sparse matrix also support COO (coordinate) and
most important CSC (compressed sparse row or Harwell-Boeing) format ?
In that case I'm going to deploy it in my own projects ASAP ! Nice !