From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-06 10:25:48

From: "Richard Peters" <R.A.Peters_at_[hidden]>
> Are the boost::bind() versions acceptable replacement for those classes?

Depends on what do you mean by "acceptable."

> I think they nicely fit in the functional library.

Sure; the problem is that the number of things that fit nicely into
<functional> is unbounded. You have to draw the line somewhere.

> Their use could be much more intuitive than the bind() alternatives.

Intuitions vary. ;-)

The good thing about using bind is that you only need to learn how to use
bind. Devising a separate function object for every common task means that,
at minimum, you need to remember their names.

bind() can emulate projectNth as well but these are already
well-established.

--
Peter Dimov
Multi Media Ltd.