From: Jason Shirk (jasonsh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-06 17:32:13

PCH's don't always work well on Win9x based machines due in part to our
design and to a lesser degree the emphasis placed on testing (both
internally and by actual customer use.)

PCH's are very reliable on WinNT and beyond.

There are solid technical reasons for this. If anyone is interested,
I'm more than happy to explain.

VC7 won't install on Win9x machines, so in theory this problem will
quietly go away once people upgrade.

Jason Shirk
VC++ Compiler Team