From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-08 09:27:06

From: "George A. Heintzelman" <georgeh_at_[hidden]>
> In hopes of getting rid of this limitation, I looked carefully at that
> particular line, and I found that SunCC compiles it just fine if we
> explicitly qualify the call to std::less as below:
[...]
> So I ask -- is there a reason *not* to qualify it? Is the intention to
> get argument-dependent-lookup if the user has provided NS::less<NS::T *>
> ?

To answer the specific question, no, there is no reason to not qualify it.
Argument-dependent lookup doesn't work with function objects (but there is a
defect report on this); it doesn't work on template-ids (but there might be
a defect report on this in the future if Gaby submits it ;-) ) and I don't
believe that it's the intent to pick up less<> versions in user namespaces.

--
Peter Dimov
Multi Media Ltd.