From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-12 13:00:03

From: "Jeremy Siek" <jsiek_at_[hidden]>
> Now on to another problem.
>
> Some BGL iterators dereference return by value. The bind generated
> function objects take their parameters by reference. This causes the
> following to fail:

[...]

> I don't see an easy way to fix the problem :(

There is no way to fix the general "argument forwarding" problem except a
core change. :-( (See "Limitations" in bind.html.)

I'm not familiar with BGL, but usually this specific problem is solved by
making the iterator cache a value and return a reference to it (there is no
way to implement operator-> otherwise.) In fact your new and improved
iterator category ReadableIterator seems to require this behavior. ;-)

--
Peter Dimov
Multi Media Ltd.