From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-15 14:11:59

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]>

> My main concern is that the MPL attempts to hide the pair-based binary
tree
> from me, presenting me with an iterator-based sequence concept instead.
It's
> not the concept that I don't like, but its opacity. I know that pair-based
> binary trees work; they are a proven idiom; I'm familiar with them.

Everything is hidden until it's documented ;-)

You're free to use STL vectors in a non-generic way if you want, or you can
write algorithms that work on any sequence.

What we've seen with MPL are mostly the latter, but of course the former is
there for type lists. Whether it's as easy-to-use as it should be is another
question. We won't know until Aleksey or someone else shows us what it looks
like. It certainly would be a shame if MPL compromised the usability of
regular type_lists significantly.

-Dave