From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-15 17:45:42

From: "Mat Marcus" <mmarcus_at_[hidden]>
> At 11:52 PM +0200 12/15/01, Peter Dimov wrote:
> >From: "Wilka" <wilka_at_[hidden]>
> >>
> >> Really? I get "fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR" :) MSVC6
SP5,
> >> are you using 7?
> >
> >Yes. MSVC 6 must die. ;-)
>

> Agreed. But until then... I don't have access to VC6 at the moment
> but it is possible that this is just a case of the "dependent
> template typedef bug".

Yes, I believe it is. I looked at MPL and it uses an interesting workaround.

> Did you try something like:
[...]

No. ;-) And I didn't try to make it work on Borland 5.5.1, either.

> // EvalMF.h
> #include "boost/mpl/mpl_config.h"
> template <class QuotedMF, class B1, class B2>
> struct EvalMF2
> {
> #ifdef BOOST_MSVC

MPL uses the same #ifdef... Why not check for BOOST_MSVC <= 1200? MSVC 7
doesn't seem to have trouble with this construct.

--
Peter Dimov
Multi Media Ltd.