From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (alexy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-17 17:41:16

Douglas Gregor wrote:
> Tuples, Function, Bind and MPL would all benefit from using
> the PREPROCESSOR library, though none do (yet...).

MPL _does_ use PREPROCESSOR library, and extensively! In fact, some early
decisions in the PREPROCESSOR library design were partially affected by the
similar techniques I myself used in MPL before Vesa revealed his library
here (you can look at the message archive for the details, if you are
interested). And MPL has switched to using the PREPROCESSOR facilities
almost right after the latter passed the formal review.

> If they did, the user would be allowed to
> select at compile-time the maximum number of arguments
> supported (e.g., max length of a tuple, max number of
> arguments supported by Function or Bind, or
> max length of an MPL typelist build non-recursively).

BOOST_MPL_PARAMETERS_NUMBER

--
Aleksey