From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-18 08:03:50

From: "Aleksey Gurtovoy" <alexy_at_[hidden]>
> > Both approaches have pros and cons. I prefer the traditional Lisp way.
> > Without a motivating example to the contrary, I'm inclined to
> > think that in this area MPL is over-generic.

Well I have now.

Fascinating read. As I already said, the MPL approach is very interesting
and promising. But. First, you definitely need to document the conceptual
framework (concepts, requirements, providing specialized algorithms, etc),
allowing people, if not to integrate with MPL, at least be somewhat aware of
the big picture.

Second, I think (call it intuition) that MPL is still evolving, so it's
currently a bit of a moving target.

--
Peter Dimov
Multi Media Ltd.