From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-18 14:11:29

Sorry I didn't reply sooner...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Gohman" <gohmandj_at_[hidden]>

> Ok, I've fixed a lot of the problems with the mipspro-tools.jam
> file I posted before. I've included the new version below.

Dan, I'm confused. Are you the same guy as Martin Cole?

> I'm trying to figure out a good way to handle different types of
> builds, where builds can be either 32-bit or 64-bit, and either
> with mips3 or mips4 as the instruction set (these are orthogonal
> to each other). They need different command-line flags as well as
> different library paths (see the lines with FIXME by them below).
> Would these be appropriate for entries in features.jam?
> I'm thinking of something like this:
>
> feature sgi-abi : n32 64 ;
> feature sgi-isa : mips3 mips4 ;

Yeah, I guess they would. I am hoping to make lots of progress on a system
that would make this stuff smoother.
BTW, I'm fairly certain you can define these in the toolset file if they
are toolset-specific.

> Also, I quoted a bunch of things that weren't quoted in
> gcc-tools.jam, such as the variables in the rules, CFLAGS,
> MIPSPRO_BIN_DIRECTORY, and others.

things like CFLAGS typically don't need to be quoted since the quotes are
only there to keep elements with embedded spaces from turning into multiple
command-line arguments. If you think there are problems, though, please
submit a patch.

> Here's the updated mipspro-tools.jam (not attatched because of yahoo
groups):

Thanks! I'll check it in to CVS!

-Dave