From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-18 16:08:14

----- Original Message -----
From: "scott snyder" <snyder_at_[hidden]>

> I also fixed a problem with the inplace power operator. I call attention
> to this because i think the same problem is also present in the existing
> non-inplace version, from which i copied it.
> Before i made that change for the inplace version, i was getting
> errors about passing the wrong number of arguments.

Hi Scott,

You are right about the error, but I was wondering why none of our tests
were failing. Turns out its effects are masked by the following checks in
operators.hpp:

  if (args.size() == 3 && args[2]->ob_type != Py_None->ob_type
  {
    PyErr_SetString(PyExc_TypeError, "expected 2 arguments, got 3");
    throw argument_error();
  }

Since the 3rd argument is None, it gets dropped. I guess you saw the error
because you don't use the "automatic wrapping" feature from operators.hpp...

-Dave