From: mfdylan (dylan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-19 02:09:21

--- In boost_at_y..., "mfdylan" <dylan_at_m...> wrote:
> --- In boost_at_y..., "rtougher" <rtougher_at_y...> wrote:
> > I've put "boost_sockets.hpp" in the sockets3 directory of the
files
> > section.
> >
> > All suggestions are welcome!
> >

> Here's a quick&dirty socketbuf template, better would be one that
> derived from a streambuf that used an ABC interface to do the
actual
> read/write/availability checking (why the std library doesn't have
> this I really don't understand). Your low-level socket class could
> then derive from this.

Bleh bad idea to paste code into messages here.
Anyway I stuck a new file in there called socketbuf.zip, it has
socketbuf and binary_stream, which is exactly what it sounds like,
but is also a way from being finished (for a start it only #define's
LITTLE_ENDIAN for Visual C++). It only works on platforms with 4
byte IEEE floats and 8 byte IEEE doubles, and currently assumes
unsigned is 4 bytes, although all it needs is some unsigned type that
is 4 bytes (uint32_t).

Dylan