From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-19 09:57:39

> (2) seems simpler for the
> Boost case, where the time between freeze and release will be short, and
> the number of fixes is more likely to be small.

Another reason to branch would be to allow for post-release fixes just in case a
bug is found after the release. In this case the patch can be applied to the
branch without having to worry about changes that might have been checked into
the main.

> But I'd like to hear from more experienced CVS users. Which procedure
> works best in practice?

Regardless, releases should be tagged so that upgraders can diff between new and
old releases easily.

Jeff