From: rogeeff (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-19 13:04:16

--- In boost_at_y..., "s_krempp" <krempp_at_c...> wrote:
> library format provides a class which parses a printf-like format
> strings, and then formats one or several variables using streams,
> whose flags and parameters are set according to the format-string
> directives.
>
> In brief, it brings printf's syntax to streams.
>
> We aimed at the possibilty to use printf-format strings as-is.
> And although a few printf directives are not fully emulated,
> format-strings which contain such directives will be successfully
> parsed, and produce a result which is near of what printf would have
> printed.
>
> Location :
> format2/</a>
> Documentation :
> format.html</a>
>
> --
> Samuel
> PS: Of course, I'll be in holiday until January 2, so I might not
> answer messages quickly during this time

Hi,

Sorry for my ignorance, I did not follow format discussion, but I
have couple questions:

1. What is an advantage of your format functionallity over regular
ostream one?
2. What price for using of your format? in turms of memory and
performance.
3. How portable the code you supplied is?

Regards,

Gennadiy.