From: Samuel Krempp (krempp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-19 14:00:37

On Wed, 2001-12-19 at 19:21, Karl Nelson wrote:

> But it doesnt' it is not complient with printf specification
> because it adds a "p" after the %, to shorten the sequence
> "%1$s" to "%1". This really seems unnecessary and makes
> it more difficult for translators using format strings.
> Strict printf compatiblity where possible would be a better
> design choice.

It does if you want it to. (else I would not claim I aimed at supporting
printf format-strings..)

cout << pformat(" %10.3G \n") % x;

In default mode the short-style and printf-like notations cohabitate,
but if you want to use printf-directives without "%p<stuff>", you can
call pformat instead of format.

Regards,

--
Samuel