From: Samuel Krempp (krempp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-20 12:04:44

On Thu, 2001-12-20 at 08:15, Xtramax wrote:
> %p is a defined printf format in MSVC
>
> p Pointer to void Prints the address pointed to by the
> argument in the form xxxx:yyyy where xxxx is the segment and yyyy is the
> offset, and the digits x and y are uppercase hexadecimal digits.

Please read the syntax of format carefully, you will see that my format
class can be used in 2 modes : shot-style notation, or printf.

%p<stuff> is used only in short-style notation.
We don't care at all about printf compatibilty in this mode.

In printf-mode, %p has the normal printf behaviour. ('pointer tp void'
type specification. The Unix98 printf reference says it prints the
variable in a way that suits pointer, but implementation defined.
currently, I translate %p into << hex << showbase)

regards,

--
Samuel