From: x.lsi.maillard_at_[hidden]
Date: 2001-12-25 17:56:24

                THIS IS AN AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED REPLY
                   Your mail to me has been discarded

Hi! You have reached the mail filter of one Richard Gooch. I'm sorry
to have to do this to you, but I am now filtering my email to combat
the flood of junk email (spam) that I receive. I'm fed up with having
to waste my time sifting through junk email. This filter also protects
me from certain types of mailbombing attacks.

I received an email from you, but my mail filter doesn't think you
sent it to me personally. This may be because I am on some mailing
list I'm not aware of. It may also have come from a mailing list I
*am* subscribed to, but the list adminstrators have started fiddling
with (breaking) the listserver.
APOLOGIES if the mailing list is genuine (i.e. not a spam list). If
you receive this reply because of a message you sent to a genuine
mailing list, please send me a message (telling me which mailing list
I'm on) with the following in the subject line:

293977

This is my password of the week. My mail filter will then let me see
the message. NOTE: the password MUST be in the subject, not the body.
I will then add a rule for the mailing list (or unsubscribe myself if
I don't wish to be subscribed) so that this won't happen again. I
apologise to people subscribed to mailing lists if this message is
sent to the whole list; I have taken considerable care to make sure
that mailing lists I want to be subscribed to are not affected by my
spam filter.

NOTE TO BULK EMAIL ADVERTISERS, SPAMMERS AND OTHER PARASITES: if you
manage to break through my filtering, rest assured that I will ignore
your message on principle. Future mails will be automatically deleted.
Unsolicited commercial email is unwelcome and costs *me* time to deal
with.

The message you apparently sent to me follows: